Terms and conditions
Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions as at the time and date of your initial use of the site.
1. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
2. Action for Children reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by publishing such changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Action for Children are provided 'as is' without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Action for Children be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
4. Action for Children does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. Commercial use or publication of any content displayed on this site is prohibited without permission from Action for Children. Nothing published on this site shall be construed as conferring any licence by Action for Children to use any content displayed.
7. Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no changes are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of copyright owners (who are not Action for Children). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
8. Action for Children takes no responsibility for the content of external websites.
9. Any communication that you transmit to, or post on, any area of the site including any information, or the similar material, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and nonproprietary information.
11. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If you do not accept these terms and conditions in full, then you should terminate use of this site immediately.
Egg Hunt Competition Terms
1. The Prize Draw
Action for Children are running a prize draw to win a year’s supply of Lindt chocolate.
Entrants to the competition must be 16 years or over on 12th February 2013 and texts must be sent from a UK mobile number. Entry is prohibited to those who at any time between the Start Date and the date on which the winner is selected (inclusive) are employees of Action for Children, any of their wholly owned subsidiaries or any marketing services agency or other company involved directly with the administration of this competition, or any member of their households.
Only one entry per day per person is allowed. Entrants under 16 must have the bill-payer’s permission to enter.
3. To enter
To enter the draw, find the Humpty Dumpty egg and text the keyword on the egg’s plinth to the number given on the plinth.
The text is charged at the entrant’s normal network rate. No purchase is necessary for entry into the competition.
By entering the competition, you are likely to be contacted by Action for Children (or agencies working for Action for Children). Entrants can opt out of this call by texting OUT to 70060.
4. Selection of winners
There will be one winner every day (other than the dates listed in paragraph 5 below) between 00.01am on 12 February 2013 (the Start Date) and 6pm on 7 April 2013 (the Closing Date). The daily winner will be randomly selected after 6pm each evening of the competition from all entries received since 6pm the previous day (other than as set out in paragraph 5 below).
Entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
Winners will be contacted by phone. If a winner cannot be contacted within 21 days of the draw, the Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a substitute winner drawn at the same time as the original. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Egg transport days
The Big Egg Hunt will be moving around the country between February and April. On the following days, the Humpty Dumpty egg will be moving from one venue to another and so no draw will be made. Instead, entries received during the eligibility period for that day will be entered into the following day’s draw.
Monday 18th February
Tuesday 26th February
Wednesday 6th March
Thursday 14th March
Thursday 21st March
6. The prize
Each winner will receive a prize consisting of a “year’s worth of chocolate” comprising of 4x seasonal deliveries of 3kg of Lindt chocolate. The deliveries will be made at the end of April 2013, end of July 2013, end of October 2013 and then January 2014.
The “year’s worth of chocolate” amount of 12kg is based on Lindt’s experience of the average consumption per household per year. Lindt and Action for Children are chocolate fans but always make sure they eat it in moderation and as part of a healthy and balanced diet, and would encourage you to do the same.
The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash equivalent for the prize. At the Promoter’s discretion another prize of equivalent or greater value may be substituted if in all reasonable circumstances the Promoter is unable to offer the intended prize.
7. Promoter discretion
The Promoter retains sole discretion to withhold prizes without liability if in the Promoter’s view a winner is ineligible, the entry is invalid or the winner does not meet the necessary requirements as set out in these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Promotion in the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside of the Promoter’s control.
8. Winner publicity
Entrants accept that, if they win, the Promoter will contact them requesting the right, without additional payment or permission, to use the winner’s name, age, town of residence and likeness for the purposes of announcing the winner of this competition and for related promotional purposes.
9. Winning entry details
The name and county of each daily winner will be sent to anyone who writes within 3 months after the closing date, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, to the address in Rule 10 below, requesting details of the winning entries.
10. Data privacy
The Promoter would like to keep entrants informed of the Promoter’s similar competitions and charitable activities by telephone and/or text message. Please write to the Promoter at the address in Rule 10 if you specifically do not want to receive this information, or text OUT to 70060.
The Promotion and these rules are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all liability whatsoever to entrants and the winner in relation to the promotion and the prize to be awarded. Please retain a copy of these rules for your reference.
12. The Promoter
The Promoter is Action for Children, of 3 The Boulevard, Ascot Road, Watford WD18 8AG. Please do not send entries to this address. If you have any questions relating to this promotion please contact the Customer Service number 0300 123 2112.
Eggscape competitions app
This Promotion is only open to UK residents aged over 16, except employees and their families of Action for Children, Lindt and their subsidiary companies, their agencies and anyone professionally connected with this Promotion.
3. Description of the competitions
Five different competitions will take place on the “Big Egg Hunt UK” Facebook Page, through this app, between Wednesday 12th February and Monday 1 April. Each competition will run for a maximum period of six days. The exact days of the competitions may vary from week to week, depending on the dates and duration of The Lindt Big Egg Hunt installation in each city. Specific dates will be revealed on the “Big Egg Hunt UK” Facebook Page and www.thebigegghunt.co.uk/ in the course of action.
The “Big Egg Hunt UK”’s Facebook fans will be asked to guess where our mascot character, Eggbert, is hiding and text and image clues will appear on the “Big Egg Hunt UK” Facebook Page about the location, throughout the week. Eggbert may or may not be hiding physically in the selected location, depending on the week.
“Big Egg Hunt UK” reserves the right to remove Facebook posts, comments or images that reveal the location of Eggbert during the competition. Users are kindly asked to enter the competition via the Eggscape competitions app and not elsewhere on Facebook.
4. How to enter
In order to enter, each participant will have to fill in a registration form with their data (name, email address and telephone number) and type in the name of the location where they think Eggbert is hiding. Users are asked to insert the name of a famous location, which can be an iconic monument or building, a square, a commercial place such as a market or a shop. Addresses will be invalid without the name of the locations. Typos will be considered valid.
Facebook users can enter the competition multiple times, but only the latest entry will be counted. Multiple entries WILL NOT increase your chances to win, as your names will be counted only once. We strongly advise users to enter the competition no more than once per day.
5. Winner selection and verification
A winner for each of the 5 weekly competitions will be drawn at random each week from all correct entries, the day after the end of the competition. The date on which each competition ends will be revealed in advance on the “Big Egg Hunt UK” Facebook Page.
The winner will be notified by email or telephone within 7 days of the relevant draw. If a winner cannot be contacted within 21 days, the Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to withdraw the prize entitlement and award the prize to a substitute winner drawn at the same time as the original.
The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. Details of the winners’ names and counties will be available from the Promoter on written request by email to email@example.com within 3 months of the relevant closing date.
6. The prizes
The winner of each competition will win a 1 kg chocolate bunny, provided by Lindt UK. The prize will be delivered within the UK at no charge after the 30th of April.
At the Promoter’s discretion another prize of equivalent or greater value may be substituted if in all reasonable circumstances the Promoter is unable to offer the intended prize(s).
7. Contact and your data
Details of participants and winners shall be retained by the Promoter for the purposes of the Promotion. Participants may withdraw their consent to the retention of such data by declaring such withdrawal to the Promoter.
Action for Children may also contact you to discuss on-going support. If you’d rather they didn’t, please text OUT to 70060.
The competition and these terms are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. By participating in the competition, participants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all liability whatsoever to entrants including the winner in relation to the competition and the prizes to be awarded. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Promotion in the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside of its control.
The Promoter is Action for Children, of 3 The Boulevard, Ascot Road, Watford WD18 8AG.
The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering into this competition participants hereby release Facebook from any connection to, or liability from, this competition.
This app has been designed to automatically generate galleries of user-generated images, as part of The Lindt Big Egg Hunt. It will aggregate all images shared on instagram, Twitpic and Twitter, which include the hashtag #Lindtbigegghunt.
By adding this hashtag to your pictures shared through these platforms, you agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
The Big Egg Hunt image use
The images may be posted on a tab on the following Facebook Pages: “Big Egg Hunt UK”, “Action for Children”, “Lindt Chocolate – UK” and will also sit in a gallery on The Big Egg Hunt website http://www.thebigegghunt.co.uk/ (together, "The Big Egg Hunt sites”). The pictures will not be used for commercial purposes.
Type of content
Any picture that is considered way offensive or inappropriate will be removed from The Big Egg Hunt sites.
By sharing your image on instagram, Twitpic and Twitter with the hashtag #Lindtbigegghunt you:
• grant a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to Action for Children to use your image in accordance with The Lindt Big Egg Hunt, including the right to publish your image on The Big Egg Hunt sites;
• confirm that you have the right to grant this licence to Action for Children either because the image is your own or because you have been granted the right to sub-license; and
• waive all moral rights in the image and acknowledge that Action for Children may not be able to credit the image to you.
Withdrawal of consent
If at any time you wish to withdraw consent to the use of your image, you may contact Action for Children by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by providing the required contact details and asking for your image to be removed from The Big Egg Hunt sites. Action for Children will use reasonable endeavours to remove the image promptly.
Action for Children and Facebook
This widget is run by Action for Children, of 3 The Boulevard, Ascot Road, Watford WD18 8AG.
This widget is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to Action for Children and not to Facebook. You hereby release Facebook from any connection to, or liability from, your participation in this widget.